When it comes to opting for a good CMS web design, one is likely to get confused and face a rather tough situation. This is because there are a large number of CMS solutions available in the market. However, what sets apart a good CMS are its core functionality features and a user friendly interface. Joomla is one of the popular CMS solution that offers a whole range of user friendly features and promises a robust core functionality. Hence Joomla development is highly preferred by both developers as well as website owners across the world.
If you are looking for CMS development, then Joomla is certainly one of the best options. Discussed in this post are some of the most important features of Joomla to know that can help to trigger the success rate of your website.
1. Open source solution: Joomla is an open source solution. What this means is that it is absolutely free. It was released under GNU general public license. Therefore, anyone can see the source of Joomla and can also modify it. It gives enough freedom to Joomla developers.
2. Search engine friendly: One of the most important features of Joomla is that it is quite search engine friendly. It has an apache module called rewrite_module. This module helps in generating search engine friendly URLS. It also allows you to use custom page title, meta description and meta keywords in every page.
3. Safe and secure: When it comes to security, Joomla scores well than most other CMS solutions. It has a team of security experts called 'Joomla Security Strike Team'. The basic purpose of this team is to find out and rectify the security issues. To accomplish this task, they run several automated tests and examine all the codes. Hence you can keep your site safe from hacking issues by updating it with latest Joomla version.
4. Multiple language support: Another interesting feature of Joomla is that it supports multiple languages. This has made Joomla a popular solution even among non-English users. Joomla offers different language packs for different languages.
5. Easy template integration: When it comes to template integration, Joomla lets you integrate any Joomla template very easily just with the help of few clicks. You just need to collect the template and copy it to Joomla template folder.
6. Community support: Joomla has a large community of Joomla developer and users. In fact, the official support forum of Joomla is one of the biggest online communities in the world.
7. Regular updates: Joomla is updated on regular basis by its developers and this ensures security and reliability. It also ensures that you get to use the latest technology.
8. Large extension gallery: The framework of Joomla makes it easier for developers to develop extensions for it. Therefore, there are plethora of Joomla extensions available online. These extensions help you to extend the functionality of the site and accomplish all types of tasks. The three types of Joomla extensions are- Component, Module, and Plug-in.